There are many kinds of scholarships provided by the German government for international students who want to study in the country. One of the scholarships offered is DAAD. This scholarship is for students from developing countries at German universities. But, how to get the DAAD scholarship in Germany?
DAAD Scholarship – Application Requirements
It can’t be denied that there are many good things that international students can get from the supports provided by DAAD scholarship. The program offers a relatively large amount of monthly stipend for the students. The students at doctoral programs will receive 1000 Euros while the students from master programs will get 750 Euros. The monthly stipend is given consists of financial aids for living expenses, some travel grant, and health insurance allowance. If you are interested in getting the DAAD scholarship in Germany, here are the requirements.
- The candidates should have accomplished bachelor degree. It should be 6 years old max.
- The applicants must have at least two years of work experience. It should be proven.
- The candidates should have good proficiency in English or German language that depends on the degree course selected.
Steps to Get the DAAD Scholarship
After knowing the requirements needed to win the DAAD scholarship in Germany, now it comes the time to apply for the program.
- Download the application form of the DAAD scholarship. Fill the form with your credentials.
- Next, you need to download the form of Europas Specimen. Make sure that you create your own hand-signed CV.
- The next thing to do is write a motivation letter and make sure to hand-signed it. The letter should contain references to your current occupation.
- Provide a research proposal, just in case the university you are going to apply requires it.
- Get the Recommendation Letter from the university where you earned your bachelor degree.
- Get professional experience letter from your last employer.
- The next document you need to prepare is a guarantee letter of re-employment. This letter is required if you need to come back to your country after accomplishing your education program in Germany.
- You need also to prepare English proficiency proof, in this case, is IELTS. Some program studies also require the candidates to provide German language proficiency proof.
- Pick up the degree course you intend to pursue in Germany with the support of DAAD scholarship. Then, apply to the university you chose directly.
- Find out information about extra documents you need to include in the application.